Grenoble, Taipei, Busan, Daejeon, Santander and many others are joining in the coming days (Fujisawa, Mitaka, Saitama, Tsukuba, La Coruña, Changshu, Houston, and many more …)
Who are we?
A vibrant community of important international smart city players
Initial testbed cities:
Prestigious institutions, experts in smart cities: CEA, Knowledge Capital, Keio University, KAIST, University of Tsukuba, Osaka University, etc. Continuously growing community…
Large international tech companies, network operators, device vendors, integrators, innovative SMEs and startups, law firms, consulting firms, insurance companies, artists, designers, etc.
Worldwide testing environment for smart city solutions
Smart city solutions need technical, economic, social validation before large scale deployment
UTA provides city scale testbeds, which are the only way for realistic validation
Cities need neutral guidance, industry needs testing environment, researchers need real requirements
UTA provides a matchmaking platform to bring together cities, industry and academy to deploy, test and validate latest smart city solutions
Yes, each city is unique; yet, today’s worldwide urban challenges are very similar
UTA fosters international cooperation, exchange of lessons learnt and best practices among cities all around the globe
What is UTA’s main mission?
What is UTA and what is it not?
- UTA is a non-profit international association, headquartered in France
- UTA is a structured, neutral and trustworthy organization to enable the essential phase before the large scale deployment of smart city solutions: testing and validation
- UTA is technology agnostic, ready to promote any relevant smart city solution
- UTA welcomes any type of smart city stakeholder, represented equally at the board level (large industry, SME, cities and non-profits)
- UTA is NOT a standardization body but does recommend standards and reference architectures
- UTA is NOT a funding authority but provides information and networking for national and international funding opportunities
What does UTA do and deliver?
Bring relevant stakeholders together to organize pilot deployments and trials in the member cities for proof of concept validation
- Share best-practices, success stories, business cases, lessons learnt, evaluation studies and testbed reports within the UTA community
Provide technical and non-technical guidelines and methodology for implementing trials
- Recommend reference architectures, integration plans, standards, KPIs and sustainability metrics
Build a technology/community agnostic marketplace, create strategic partnerships
- Provide a one-stop showcase of smart city solutions
How does UTA deliver?
Build reference architectures and integration plans
Create partnerships, find funding opprtunities
Define metrics for technical and economic sustainability
Build teams and organise trial deployments in city testbeds
Deal with social aspects such as ethics, privacy, design and art